BEARTOOTH ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC.
Outdoor Lifestyle – Career Minded – Adventure Enthusiast – Journeyman Lineman
Are you looking for a change in lifestyle? Are hunting, fishing, hiking, great schools, medical facilities, and an active community important to you? Nestled in Montana’s magnificent Beartooth Mountains and surrounded by the Custer Gallatin National Forest, Red Lodge delivers world-class outdoor recreation and access to Yellowstone National Park via the world-renowned Beartooth Highway. The 69-mile drive from Red Lodge to Cooke City via the Beartooth Highway is well known as one of the most beautiful drives in the United States. Along the Highway, you will find many opportunities for hiking and fishing. In our historic downtown, enjoy locally-owned shops, quality restaurants, and plenty of entertainment. No matter what the season, Red Lodge is your Basecamp to the Beartooths. For expanded shopping, dining, medical services, sports and entertainment, Billings lies a short 70 miles to the Northeast. www.redlodge.com
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman
Reports To: Line-Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Type: Full Time
Salary/Pay Rate: $41.59 Represented by IBEW Local 44
Posted Date: 07/16/2019
Deadline to Apply: 08/15/2019
Required: Minimum 2 yrs Journeyman, Class A CDL, Certified First-Aid and CPR within 90 days of employment
Submit Letter of Interest & Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary Under direct supervision of the Line-Foreman, constructs, operates and maintains the electric power systems within the Beartooth Electric Cooperative service area by performing the following Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Constructs and maintains primary and secondary overhead and underground electrical systems
- Installs poles, transformers, capacitors, reclosers, switches, and other electrical equipment and hardware for overhead and underground electrical systems
- Installs electric service lines and metering on customer facilities
- Takes voltage and current readings utilizing ammeters, voltmeters, rotation meters, power logger, and other related test equipment. Utilizes live-line tools and rubber gloves as the project may require
- Drives and operates vehicles and equipment related to the electric industry. Included, but not limited to, are: Digger-derricks, aerial man-lifts, dump trucks, pickup trucks, and tensioners
- Responds to service calls to restore power outages and problems, including after-hour calls
- Participates in the Electric department on-call rotation for standby duty in on-the-job training as necessary
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of Electric Lineman Apprenticeship program.with two years on the job
- Considerable knowledge of power system facilities, including substations, switchgear, protective devices, and primary and secondary electrical distribution equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of electric power system operation, maintenance, and construction standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and care of hand tools, power tools, heavy equipment and materials used in electric system operations, maintenance and construction
- Ability to read and interpret plans, blue prints, and construction documents.
- Knowledge of safety standards and Electrical Safety Orders.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with customers and other co workers with clarity and tact. Ability to handle tense situations and keep emotions under control.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL driver's; must pass the Cooperative’s required physical exam & drug testing, and meet the requirements of DOT certification.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid
- Ability to climb power poles and structures without the aid of man-lift equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb, stand, walk, and sit. The employee is often required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision for driving.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and works at extreme heights. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving objects; hazardous materials; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is often very loud. The employee has normal work hours, including scheduled standby; overtime is often required, including call-outs during emergency situations.
Beartooth Electric Cooperative is a progressive, not-for-profit company with its office located in beautiful Red Lodge and a crew outpost located in Columbus, Montana. We were incorporated in 1938 and had a long history of service to Stillwater, Sweetgrass, and Carbon Counties in Montana along with a portion of Park County in Wyoming. We currently serve over 4,490 members. www.beartoothelectric.com
Our mission is to continue to provide our members with competitive and reliable electric service while enhancing their quality of life. With the wise use of energy and communication, we plan for affordable and long-term stable power for years to come.
We encourage members to learn about our efforts and utilize this website to stay informed. We supply more than electric energy services. We supply customer service. We are here to serve in any way we can.
Beartooth Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.